Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our Utah trips in the summer


 We loved going to Utah this summer! I LOVE Utah in the summer. It is seriously my favorite. No humidity... no bugs. It's heaven!  It is such a great vacation for me and Jeff. We are able to have help from Grandma's, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. When we go home, we are usually able to do both family vacations. This summer was Hebgen with the Woods and Park City with my family. My little brother came home from his mission and we loved every minute. It was so great to be with my whole family again. We hadn't been ALL together in a few years.  It was so fun to be with my brothers again. It's amazing how time slips by and you forget how much fun you can have with your family. Us 4 kids have been in different parts of the country for years and finally we were able to be together for a full week. Jeff and Brooke weren't able to be there for the airport, but they were able to be there for the homecoming and the rest of the weekend.





 Park City was so much fun! Jeff was only able to be there for a few days but we still loved it. The rest of my family stayed there the rest of the week. Colby, Trey, Brady and Brooke were so darling to Izzy. They help me so much when I am home. I am excited for Izzy to have cousins on my side! She has the best Aunts and Uncles!
 Izzy and Mimi on the 4th of July. Izzy LOVED the fireworks. She kept saying "more! more!"
 When Izzy is at Mimi's house, all she wants to do is play with the hose on the front porch. She loved it.

 For the first time in a LONG TIME Izzy fell asleep on our last leg of our flights!! We had the longest day. We woke up at 4:30 a.m. Had to be to the airport by 6:00 a.m. (which is torture for me), and our flight was suppose to leave at 7:00 a.m. however, we sat on the run way for an hour and a half. We fly in to Atlanta for our layover, Jeff and I can barely keep our eyes open and Izzy is so cranky. But we push through and get on our next flight... and surprise surprise we sat again for 2 hours on the runway. So Jeff and I were so happy when Izzy fell asleep as the plane took off!


 What I love about Utah is that you can drive 20 minutes and hike up to a beautiful part of the mountain. It was gorgeous. I took it for granted when I lived there, but if I were to move back, I would do it every day!!! Here we are taking a rest on our hike.
 I loved these nights where the family could just hang, watch movies, tell stories and listen to Trey and his amazing experiences. One night we made a fire in the backyard and just let Trey tell his stories.



 Of course we had to visit City Creek





 Silver Fork Lodge
 We were able see some of Izzy's best friends from Virginia. We were able to see the Meaghers who had moved back to Utah.  It was so great to see them!  Here are Izzy and Rowan playing in the fountain.
I wish I had gotten some pics of my great High School friends! We had some fun get togethers with late dinners, lunches and playgroups. So fun.
Friends from Virginia in Utah.

No comments: